Biological explanation for wheat sensitivity found
This study was led by researchers from Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC)
- People with non-celiac wheat sensitivity have a weakened intestinal barrier, which leads to a systemic immune response after ingesting wheat and related cereals, new research confirms.
- The study shows that the symptoms reported by individuals with this condition are not imagined, as some people have suggested.
- In non-celiac gluten or wheat sensitivity (NCWS), exposure to the offending grains
- NCWS patients who followed a diet that excluded wheat and related cereals for six months were able to normalize their levels of immune activation and intestinal cell damage markers
Naturopathic doctors have documented the noted pathophysiology involved with gluten sensitivity, systematic immune activation, inflammation and small intestinal cellular damage for decades.
- Do you think that you are gluten sensitive?
- Have you been assessed by a physician?
- How can removing gluten improve your health?
Please contact the Hood to Coast Healthcare team for details! We love to optimize digestion, health, decrease inflammation and prevent disease!