Dr. Tayson Heward ND LAc, is a licensed primary care physician, naturopathic doctor and practitioner of classical Chinese medicine who received his degrees from the National University of Natural Medicine. He has spent his career specializing in multiple medical fields to allow patients to have an integrative approach in their primary care, allowing multiple treatment options for ailments that span both modern and ancient medical knowledge. Every patient receives an individualized treatment that is specifically tailored to work best for them. Dr. Heward is a firm believer that patients should be in control of their healthcare and believes a doctor’s role is to act as a guide or teacher along this process. He has learned throughout his career that different treatments often work better for different patients, even if they have the same disease. This allows patients to always have the type of medicine they feel most confident with. Dr. Heward specializes in working with entire families from young children, to parents, to grandparents. His expertise spans from working with acute conditions, chronic disease, pain management, to everyday complaints.
Dr. Heward’s practice uses an integrative approach at each visit. In a single appointment, a patient could expect to receive a modern medical workup and treatments that span between western pharmacology, to ancient healing modalities such as acupuncture or herbal medicine. He always discusses multiple treatment options with his patients and allows them to be a part of the process of choosing the right treatment for them. He also has expertise in working with patient’s nutrition in order to treat numerous conditions, as he believes this a fundamental form of medicine. Make a free consultation appointment today to discuss whether Dr. Heward will be a good fit for you and your family’s medical needs.
- Primary Care / Family Medicine
- Pain Management
- Sports Medicine
- Nutrition / Weight loss
- Chinese Medicine
- Botanical Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Drug Detoxification
- Wellness Care
Some of the common conditions Dr. Heward treats:
- Cardiovascular system: Hypertension (High blood pressure), High cholesterol, arteriosclerosis, irregular heartbeat, varicose veins, hemorrhoids
- Respiratory system: Asthma, COPD, Pneumonia, Respiratory tract infections
- Digestive system: Constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, heartburn, Irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, Chron’s disease, gastritis, Celiac disease, GERD, food intolerances
- Endocrine system: Diabetes (pre-diabetes), Chronic Fatigue, Hypothyroidism (Hashimoto’s), Hyperthyroidism (Grave’s Disease), Hypoglycemia
- Musculoskeletal system: Low back pain, Arthritis, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, carpal tunnel syndrome, sprains, strains, athletic injuries, fractures, gout
- Immune system: Seasonal and food related allergies, autoimmune conditions (rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Scleroderma)
- Dermatological system: Eczema, psoriasis, warts, (fungal) skin infections, shingles, acne, acne rosacea,
- Urogenital system: Urinary tract infections, PMS, perimenopause / menopausal health concerns, hot flashes, menstrual migraines, vaginitis, fertility issues, vaginal dysplasia, side effects from miscarriages, painful periods, prostatitis, BPH
- Nervous system: Anxiety, depression, Migraines, OCD, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, sciatica, ADHD, autism
- And Many More!
More about Dr. Heward:
Dr. Heward received his undergraduate degree at the University of Oregon with honors in General Science. He is an outdoor enthusiast who spends most of his winter snowboarding on Mount Hood, and much of his summers hiking, rafting, and camping with his family. He has a passion for Oregon outdoors and the medicinal plants that are local to our area. He spends as much time outside of his practice in the wild taking photographs, fishing, or simply taking in the glories of Oregon.