Dr. Karen Cureton
Naturopathic Physician and Acupuncturist
Dr. Cureton considers symptoms as signs of underlying imbalance in the body, mind, or spirit. Rather than treating the symptoms, she seeks to treat the roots of the imbalance. Because each person is unique, so are their healthcare needs, and Dr. Cureton creates individualized treatment plans to fit. These treatment plans are created in partnership with her patients so that they obtain the most benefit. Most importantly, Dr. Cureton believes that every person deserves to live life in full vibrancy, and assists her patients in achieving and maintaining that vital state. By offering compassionate, attentive care and empowering her patients to take control of their health, Dr. Cureton helps to eliminate the symptoms preventing her patients from living life completely.
Through careful health history taking, thorough physical exam, cutting-edge laboratory testing, and Chinese diagnostic methods, Dr. Cureton determines the root of health issues and best methods to promote healing. She utilizes a variety of treatment methods including clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, homeopathic remedies, biotherapeutic drainage, acupuncture, energetic bodywork, lifestyle counseling, and pharmaceuticals.
- Attentive medical care addressing your physical, mental, and emotional health concerns.
- Health Optimization and Wellness visits
- Specialty laboratory testing and interpretation
- Including tests for: nutrient levels, genetic predispositions (including methylation disorders), functional gastrointestinal imbalances, hormone levels, heavy metals, heart disease and diabetes risk factors, and basic blood work
- Diagnostic imaging referrals
- Acupuncture: a melding of Japanese, Classical chinese, and Traditional Chinese styles
- Energetic body work
Chronic fatigue, insomnia, allergies, autoimmunity, gastrointestinal issues, hormone imbalances, hypertension, blood sugar imbalance, elevated cholesterol, weight loss, anxiety, depression, acute and chronic pain, and chronic disease
Education and Training:
- Undergraduate: University of Georgia- double major in microbiology and cellular biology
- Medical: National University of Natural Medicine (formerly National College of Natural Medicine)
- Clinical Mentorship in Women’s Health with Dr. Tammy Ashney and Dr. Lisa Taulbee
- Clinical Mentorship in Cardiopulmonary medicine and Endocrinology with Dr. Martin Milner
- Clinical Mentorship in Chronic Illness and Biotherapeutic Drainage with Dr. Amy Bader
- Clinical Mentorship in Japanese Meridian Therapy with Bob Quinn and Daniel Silver
- Clinical Mentorship in Five Element Acupuncture with Dr. David Berkshire
- Post-graduate training in Methylation disorders and Nutrigenomics
- Post-graduate training in Mast Cell Disorders and Histamine Intolerance
More about Dr. Cureton:
Dr. Cureton spends her free time experimenting with healthy concoctions in the kitchen, making tea, hiking and trail running with her goofy Boston Terrier, dancing in her living room, road biking, backpacking, camping, international travelling, making jewelry and furniture, and enjoying the company of loved ones.