As a former professional figure skater Dr. Amy has a keen sense of body mechanics and is intimately aware of the spine’s potential for movement, strength and grace.
Dr. Amy grew up on a small farm in Manitoba, Canada and spent most of her childhood skating at the local ice rink. She went on to become a two-time National Ice Dancing Champion in Canada. She then joined the professional circuit, touring around the world with Disney on Ice.
When she isn’t helping people lead healthier lives in the clinic she can be found swinging around on her trapeze, backpacking with her dog Molly or meditating with her husband Scott. People occasionally like to poke fun at Dr. Amy’s Canadian accent but she thinks it’s no big deal eh:)
- Doctorate of Chiropractic – University of Western States (Cum Laude)
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology- University of Western States and Manitoba
- Active Release Technique (A.R.T.)
- Graston (myofascial release)
- Activator and drop table
- Functional rehabilitation
Message from Dr. Amy…
The majority of my education and training has been in sports medicine but you don’t need to be an athlete to benefit from my treatments. I have experience in working with all types of patients. While you might guess that I can help you heal from a painful back injury, you might not know that as a chiropractor I’ve also been trained to help with other parts of the body as well. I’ve had great success in treating people’s shoulders, elbows, ankles, knees, hips, and even jaws (often helpful for chronic headaches).
Here are 3 more things that are unique about my work with patients…
- I tend to have a very active approach to my treatments. Instead of you having to rely on me to feel better I give you the tools to help yourself. I love efficiency and like to see patients get better in the fewest amount of visits possible.
- I do this work because I enjoy creating authentic connections with my patients and helping them heal. I prioritize taking the time to fully understand your health concerns, not just the symptoms.
- To the degree that people are open to it I am delighted to add in techniques like mindfulness meditation that have been quite powerful in my life.
I look forward to working with you!